Winter Wildlife in Grand Teton National Park
December 10, 2023 - December 14, 2023 | Moose, WY
Kathleen Reeder Wildlife Photography is an Authorized Permittee of the National Park Service.
Kathleen Reeder Wildlife Photography is an Authorized Commercial Permittee of the National Elk Refuge.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Intermediate Amateurs, Advanced Amateurs, Professionals
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW: You need to be experienced with your camera to make suggested setting changes in the field without hands-on assistance and comprehend the rationale behind the recommended settings (including exposure mode, f-stop, shutter speed, ISO, metering mode, focus mode, assessing histogram and highlight information, and making corresponding exposure compensation changes). This is not a workshop to learn how to use your camera.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Participants must be in good health, able to walk through deep, uneven snow covered terrain with tripod/camera/lens for short distances. You must be able to carry your gear without assistance. There will be no exceptions to these requirements.
An incredible 5-night/4-day photo workshop in Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming. With expert wildlife photography instruction before and during the workshop, and with a backdrop of the Teton Range, you will capture incredible wild animal portraits!
- An informative online webinar presentation that covers wildlife photography composition tips, camera settings, recommended gear, and an illustrative slideshow of photos taken by Kathleen in Grand Teton NP in winter to prepare you to maximize your camera’s potential while shooting.
- 4 full days of scouting and shooting in the park and on the elk refuge. Itinerary is fluid based on sighting reports, but will definitely include moose, elk, bison, big horn sheep and trumpeter swans. Additional possible sightings may include grizzly bear, mountain goat, eagle, coyote, wolf and fox.
- Beautiful landscape photo opportunities, timed for best light.
- Driver/guide for the 4 full days, who has extensive experience in finding wildlife in the park.
- Group size is limited to 3 participants so you’ll have plenty of one-on-one time with Kathleen to ask questions and get coaching specific to your individual photographic needs.
- Pre-trip online photography instruction webinar
- Pre-trip planning handout
- 5 nights single occupancy lodging at the Lexington Hotel in downtown Jackson Hole, WY
- Shuttle to/from airport to hotel
- Transportation in premium SUV
- Breakfast every morning
- All applicable entrance, park and permit fees
- Lunches and Dinners
- Trip Insurance
- Airfare to Jackson Hole, WY