Loons with Babes in Minnesota
June 2, 2022 - June 3, 2022 | , MN
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Beginners, Intermediate Amateurs, Advanced Amateurs, Professionals
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW: You need to be able to make suggested setting changes in the field without hands-on assistance.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: You must be able to step onto and off a boat. You must be able to carry your gear without assistance.
Suitable for all skill levels. Join professional wildlife photographer instructor Kathleen Reeder and naturalist/wildlife photographer Stan Tekiela for a two-day loon with babes’ photography workshop on the best of Minnesota’s lakes
There are approximately 12,000 adult loons in Minnesota. Stan has a customized pontoon on one of the many Minnesota lakes about an hour from the Minneapolis airport and has been photographing loons on this lake for many years. Most loons occupy the same nest territory for many years in a row, and Stan has been observing a dozen mated pairs on this lake. With expert wildlife photography instruction and loon guidance, you will surely capture incredible images!
- Workshop timed for chicks being born, coming out of the nest and into the water.
- An online instructional webinar before the workshop
- Early morning before sunrise and late afternoon until after sunset photo sessions on the lake. About 6 hours of shooting per day. We go out in all-weather except for thunderstorms.
- Custom pontoon boat sits low on the water so you can be eye level. Not everyone likes to lay down, you can also choose to sit and shoot.
- There are many other birds to photograph while we are out including American White Pelican, Forester’s Terns, Marsh Wren, Red-necked Grebe with babies, Yellow-headed Blackbird, and more
- Recommend 300 mm lens or longer
- Includes daily transportation from the hotel to the dock
- Plenty of one-on-one time with Kathleen and Stan to ask questions and get coaching specific to your needs
- Maximum of 3 participants
- Trip Insurance
- Lodging – recommend 3 nights – location will be provided at time of registration