Winter Wildlife in Grand Teton NP
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Intermediate Amateurs, Advanced Amateurs, Professionals
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW: You need to be experienced with your camera to make suggested setting changes in the field without hands-on assistance and comprehend the rationale behind the recommended settings (including exposure mode, f-stop, shutter speed, ISO, metering mode, focus mode, assessing histogram and highlight information, and making corresponding exposure compensation changes). This is not a workshop to learn how to use your camera.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Participants must be in good health and able to walk on uneven, snow covered sage brush terrain up to 1/4 mile with tripod/camera/lens. You must be able to carry your gear without assistance. There will be no exceptions to these requirements.
Participants will be required to sign the Kathleen Reeder Wildlife Photography Risk Waiver.
Join professional wildlife photographer instructor Kathleen Reeder for an incredible 5-night/4-day photo workshop in Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming. With expert wildlife photography instruction before and during the workshop, and with a backdrop of the Teton Range, you will capture incredible wild animal portraits!
- An informative online webinar presentation that covers wildlife photography composition tips, camera settings, recommended gear, and an illustrative slideshow of photos taken by Kathleen in Grand Teton NP in winter to prepare you to maximize your camera’s potential while shooting.
- 4 full days of scouting and shooting in the park and on the elk refuge. Itinerary is fluid based on sighting reports, but will definitely include moose, elk, bison, big horn sheep and trumpeter swans. Additional possible sightings may include grizzly bear, mountain goat, eagle, coyote, wolf and fox.
- Beautiful landscape photo opportunities, timed for best light.
- Driver/guide for the 4 full days, who has extensive experience in finding wildlife in the park.
- Group size is limited to 3 participants so you’ll have plenty of one-on-one time with Kathleen to ask questions and get coaching specific to your individual photographic needs.
- Pre-trip online photography instruction webinar
- Pre-trip planning handout
- 5 nights single occupancy lodging at the Lexington Hotel in downtown Jackson Hole, WY
- Shuttle to/from airport to hotel
- Transportation in premium SUV with private driver/guide
- Breakfast, lunches and snacks throughout the entire workshop
- All applicable entrance, park, permit and tour fees
- Dinners – walking distance from the hotel
- Trip Insurance
- Airfare to Jackson Hole, WY