Wildlife in Minnesota in One Day!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Intermediate Amateurs, Advanced Amateurs, Professionals
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Participants must be in good health, able to walk on uneven terrain up to 1/4 mile with tripod/camera/lens, and able to stand in place for up to an hour. You must be able to carry your gear without assistance. When allowed by Minnesota Wildlife Connection based on the species being photographed and risk to participants (and not simply at your request), you may be permitted to optionally kneel on one knee and sometimes sit down during a photo session. When sitting is permitted, you are responsible for bringing a chair with you in your vehicle if you should need one. If assistance is needed to accomplish any of these physical requirements, you may at your own expense bring a non-photographer participant to assist you. There will be no exceptions to these requirements.
Incredible photo workshop in Sandstone, Minnesota at Minnesota Wildlife Connection. Just getting started in wildlife photography? Get your feet wet with this one-day workshop. You will learn the best shutter speeds for action, the value of auto ISO, the best focus point arrangement for AF and post processing tips.
Fall colors will begin to appear, providing a beautiful mix of green, orange and red foliage.
- An informative online webinar that covers wildlife photography composition tips, camera settings, recommended gear, and a slideshow of photos taken of Minnesota Wildlife Connection animals (along with camera settings) to prepare you to maximize your camera’s potential while shooting.
- 3 photos sessions with the best wildlife that Minnesota Wildlife Connection has to offer. Species will consist of a tundra wolf, a Canada lynx and raccoon. Up close with no barriers.
- Photograph wildlife at eye level in beautiful fall colors, water and land backdrops. The most common focal length used is 70-200mm.
- Class size is limited to 12 participants so you’ll have plenty of one-on-one time with Kathleen to ask questions and get coaching specific to your individual photographic needs.
- Pre-trip online photography instruction webinar
- Pre-trip planning handout
- 3 photo sessions at Minnesota Wildlife Connection
- Instruction and assistance throughout the workshop
- Trip Insurance – cancel for any reason is your best protection
- Airfare (recommend flying into MSP airport)
- Ground transportation
- Tip for MN Wildlife Connection staff
- Optional photo sessions