Wildlife in Minnesota
Incredible photo workshop in Sandstone, Minnesota at Minnesota Wildlife Connection. With expert wildlife photography instruction, before and during the workshop, and a vast array of beautiful wildlife to photograph, you’ll capture amazing animal portraits.
- An informative online webinar that covers wildlife photography composition tips, camera settings, recommended gear, and a slideshow of photos taken of Minnesota Wildlife Connection animals in summer (along with camera settings) to prepare you to maximize your camera’s potential while shooting.
- 9 photos sessions with the best wildlife that Minnesota Wildlife Connection has to offer. The 9 sessions will be selected from the following species that are all native to Minnesota: Cougar, bobcat, lynx, black wolf, grey wolf, coyote, black bear, red fox, silver fox, cross fox, gray fox, beaver, whitetail deer, weasel, fisher, badger, mink, striped skunk, opossum, woodchuck, raccoon and porcupine.
- Photograph spring babies as available with their adults, as part of the photo sessions.
- Photograph wildlife at eye level in lush water and land backdrops. The most common focal length used is 70-200mm.
- Photo sessions begin late afternoon on the 1st day and end in the morning of the 4th day, offering photo opportunities in the best natural light possible and to allow for the chance of inclement weather.
- Post processing demonstration of Photo Mechanic, Photoshop and DxO NIK filters
- Class size is limited to 10 participants so you’ll have plenty of one-on-one time with Kathleen to ask questions and get coaching specific to your individual photographic needs.
- Pre-trip online photography instruction webinar
- Pre-trip planning handout
- 9 photo sessions at Minnesota Wildlife Connection
- Instruction and assistance throughout the workshop
- Post processing demonstration
- Trip Insurance
- Lodging – I have rented a large retreat house for the group.
- Ground transportation
- Tip for MN Wildlife Connection staff
- Optional photo sessions