Hummingbirds in Sedona Photo Workshop
Join professional wildlife photographer instructor Kathleen Reeder for an incredible hummingbird photo workshop in beautiful Sedona, Arizona. With expert wildlife photography instruction before and during the workshop, and an unbelievable quantity of hummingbirds to photograph in glorious Red Rock country, you will most certainly capture lots of great images!
- An informative online webinar in advance of the workshop to prepare you. The webinar will cover wildlife photography composition tips, camera settings and a slideshow of hummingbird photos taken by Kathleen showing specific camera settings used to capture the images and recommended equipment.
- An evening session on Sunday to review camera settings and meet the owner of the property where we’ll be photographing the hummingbirds and learn more about hummingbird behavior.
- All day Monday and all morning Tuesday, you’ll photograph hummingbirds. There are over 1,000 hummingbirds (up to 7 different species) on the property each day during this migration period. On Monday, we’ll begin just before sunrise, break from 10 am – 2 pm and resume our session in late afternoon until sunset.
- Photo stations will be set up on the property to provide both natural light and flash photography opportunities. There are over 30 feeders that have been attracting hummingbirds for 10 years on this property.
- Class size is limited to 10 participants so you’ll have plenty of one-on-one time with Kathleen to ask questions and get coaching specific to your individual photographic needs
- Pre-workshop online instructional webinar
- Pre-trip planning handout
- Access to the private property
- All photo sessions
- Instruction and assistance throughout the workshop
- Beverages and snacks while shooting
Lodging (not included in the workshop cost)
- Holiday Inn Express Sedona – Village of Oak Creek, 6176 Highway 179, Sedona, Arizona 86351
- Phone: (928) 284-0711
- Plan to stay 2 nights for the workshop
- Evening session will be held in the Holiday Inn Express conference room
About Kathleen Reeder
Kathleen Reeder is an internationally published, award-winning wildlife photographer. Her works reflect her personality: passionate, energetic, adventurous and focused. A sensitive eye and an intimate relationship with her subjects are the signatures of her work. She is a highly accomplished professional with an eager desire to share her knowledge with photographers of all skill sets. She shares her secrets to photographing wildlife in her books and provides ongoing tips in her newsletter and blog.