I can help you create your SmugMug photography website that you will be proud to share. It takes just one day of your time in person, or if virtual, several short meetings for me to build and have your website completed. For my fixed fee, I will build your website, and provide training and phone support in using SmugMug. By purchasing a SmugMug subscription through my affiliation you’ll get a discount on your first year and will be supporting my small business.
What’s Included in my SmugMug Website Service
- Assistance in selecting the SmugMug plan best suited to meet your needs
- Discounted subscription price for SmugMug plan (first year)
- Set up of custom domain name thru GoDaddy or redirection of existing website (optional)
- Website template selection and customization
- Selection of colors, font, menu options, how photos are shown and social links included
- Selection of all feature options for your chosen plan
- Galleries, folders and pages created to match your photography niches
- Set up of social links (e.g., Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube)
- About Page
- Contact Page
- Other Pages as requested
- Creation of transparent watermark to copyright protect your photos (available with the Professional and Business Subscription Plans only)
- Loading of initial photos to set up the website (limited to about 100 total photos)
- Walk thru of how to upload additional photos, modify settings and use basic functions of SmugMug
- Phone/email support for questions and help in using SmugMug for the first year
Websites Built To-Date
What to Have Ready For Our First Meeting
- If you want a custom domain name, think about the names you might like to consider. Write down some ideas. We will search availability and you can make a final selection on the day we build the site.
- Login credentials to any social sites and Cloud/Dropbox sites.
- 10-20 of your favorite photos in high resolution Jpeg format. These should be in horizontal or landscape dimension and will be used on your Home Page. If you want, pick 50 and I can help you choose the top 20.
- A collection of high resolution Jpeg photos for each of your galleries (topics). These can be horizontal or vertical dimensions. We will use these to set up your galleries and feature photos. I will set up a dropbox online for you to put the photos.
- A Jpeg photo of yourself.
- An “about” description of yourself.
- Jpeg file of your logo, if you have one.
- Think about what other information (for example: books, testimonials, videos, stock photo sites, other products, workshops, guestbook) you might want to share on your website.
Cost of My Service
Fixed fee for the services listed above – $800. Terms: 50% due prior to our first meeting, balance due when the website is completed.
Alternatively, you can hire me on an hourly basis. My hourly rate is $100/hour with a 2 hour minimum.
What My Customers Say
Sarah Dolliver, Focus On Nature Photography: “I just wanted to write to thank you for a great day yesterday that created fabulous results. It was a pleasure to work with you and ease my burden of designing a new look for my Focus On Nature Photography site. Your organized approach helped us get a lot done in an easier fashion than if I tried it on my own. And your experience lead to new things I would have never thought to include. Kudos to you!”
Dennis Holcomb, Dennis Holcomb Photography: “It is my great pleasure to recommend Kathleen Reeder as the designer/builder for your professional photography website. Kathleen demonstrated a solid knowledge of the principles of professional graphic design to produce a website for me that fully complements the professional quality of my photographic images. During the development of my website, she explained things in ways that were easy to comprehend. She listened carefully and fully responded to my questions and concerns. Additionally, she has been incredibly responsive to my follow-up questions and offers continued support. I absolutely made the correct choice when I selected Kathleen to develop a website that is representative of me in the world of professional photography.”
Carol Gray, Gray Foxx Pixx: “Kathleen set up my website in a day. It was clean, efficient and she obviously knew what she was doing. She has also made herself available
to me post-initial set-up with ready help and answers to my questions. Highly recommended.”
Don Berman, Berman Nature Photography: “Anyone looking to ensure that they end up with an exceptional and professional-looking website would do well to enlist Kathleen’s services. Expect the best and you will not be disappointed!”
Beth Ruggiero-York, Ruggiero Images: “Thanks to Kathleen for her expert assistance in making this happen.”
Peggy Coleman, Peggy Coleman Photography: “If you are interested in creating a wonderful place to park your photos, maybe sell a few photos or just share for all to enjoy–Kathleen has the touch!”
Ron Hayes, Western Wildlife Images: “Thanks to Kathleen for her patience and effort in bringing this site to life.”
Steven Sandell, Steven Sandell Photography: “I’ve attended two Out of Africa workshops enjoying Kathleen’s presentations and improving my skills at the same time. I had been thinking of building my own web site and I jumped at taking Kathleen’s one on one web site training when it came available. I am very pleased with the results. Thank you Kathleen!”